The Revd Bruce & Mrs Jodi Chapman
The Chapmans have lived in Nightcliff since 2008. Bruce is the Diocesan Youth Minister of the Northern Territory. His role is to encourage, support and help build up youth and youth leaders, so that they are growing in their relationship with Jesus and reaching out in mission.
Apart from encouraging youth ministry throughout the Northern Territory, including Arnhem Land churches, Bruce also works part-time at St Peter’s Nightcliff in youth ministry and training.
Children: Matthew (2000), Laura (2002), Felicity (2004), Oliver (2006)
The Chapmans' November Prayer Points
Give thanks for:
- The immunotherapy course that Bruce is on. Three out of his four treatments are done and will finish later in November with scans to check progress
- The inaugural MEGA holiday Kid’s Club at St Peter’s Nightcliff with over 70 children in attendance for the week
- The start of a weekly FRESH Kid’s Club on Friday at St Peter’s on the back of the holiday club
- The return of youth group and for the Year 6 students joining us
- Matthew’s trial exams, and now the last two weeks of final preparations for his Year 12 exams.
- Friends visiting from Sydney through September and October. What a great encouragement.
- A visit to Ngukurr (27-29 October) to present a safe ministry awareness workshop
- Great personal encouragement for Bruce preaching on Psalm 78 on 14 October
- BCA agreeing to extend our contract in the NT for another two years
- The opportunity Jodi had to visit her parents (11-13 October) for their wedding anniversary
- God’s ongoing goodness and mercy.
Please pray for:
- Contentment and patience as Bruce works out what ministry looks like in this current stage of life
- Matthew to trust in Jesus first as he finishes school and works out what 2019 holds
- Oliver as he prepares to finish primary school and start middle school in 2019
- Laura as she makes decisions about what subjects to do for Year 11-12
- A visit to Gunbalanya for Bruce and the safe ministry team (14-15 November)
- Bruce to visit a safe ministry trainers presentation manual by the end of October
- Wisdom for Bruce in preparations and planning for 2019 when there is uncertainty about what he can commit too
- Preparations for Christmas. May we make the most of opportunities to speak of God's love for the world
- Good planning for 2019.