The Bush Church Aid Society has a public charitable trust established for “the direct relief of sickness, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness in rural and regional areas of Australia” and/or “to do all things necessary for the achievement of these objects”.
We are currently accepting applications for funding from our Field Staff, local churches and Dioceses in drought and bushfire affected areas. One such initiative may be buying vouchers from local shops to hand out to those in need. This not only supports farmers practically, but also gives local businesses a boost.
Our focus is to care practically for farmers and their communities, those who have lost homes and/or livelihoods from bushfire, and partner with those on the ground to deliver the help that is most needed as quickly as possible.
Examples of ways that funds from our charitable Kirkby Trust can be used include:
- Gift cards to be used in a local supermarket
- Gift/pamper packs for people doing it tough
- Dog biscuits/food to be distributed to local people
- Other resources used in pastoral care and assistance
- Organising and conducting events that contribute to the wellbeing of people affected by disaster
Ways in which you can help
- Please pray for drought-affected communities. Praise God that He is the One who provides, and pray that He will send rain to the driest parts of our land
- Pray that God will sustain our farmers and their livelihood
- Pray that the faith of Christians in these communities will be a shining light to those around them. Pray that those who don’t know God turn to Him in faith
- Encourage your local church to pray for drought-affected communities.
- If you wish to donate to help those in drought ravaged parts of Australia there are two ways to do so:
If you need a tax deduction, you can donate to the Kirkby Trust. Funds from this Trust are being distributed to parishes, Dioceses and Field Staff to support drought-affected communities
- If you do not need a tax deduction, we encourage you to consider donating to our General Ministry fund. The Field Staff ministering in these areas are predominantly supported by this fund. They are a vital Christian witness in times of stress and challenge and are able to share God’s love both practically and spiritually
- Click here to donate to either fund or contact your local Regional Office
Apply for funding
- If you live in a drought or bushfire affected community, encourage your local church or Diocese to apply for funding
- Complete the application form and email to BCA’s Chief Operating Officer Greg Bridge
- For more information email Greg Bridge
Bush Church Aid