The Revd Bruce & Mrs Jodi Chapman
The Chapmans have lived in Nightcliff since 2008. Bruce is the Diocesan Youth Minister of the Northern Territory. His role is to encourage, support and help build up youth and youth leaders, so that they are growing in their relationship with Jesus and reaching out in mission.
Apart from encouraging youth ministry throughout the Northern Territory, including Arnhem Land churches, Bruce also works part-time at St Peter’s Nightcliff in youth ministry and training.
Children: Matthew (2000), Laura (2002), Felicity (2004), Oliver (2006)
The Chapmans' April Prayer Points
Please give thanks for:
- Bruce’s oncologist happy with his ongoing condition (medication is working - nothing to report)
- Great Easter services with a number of visitors coming along to church. Our theme was 'Easter Fool’s Day - It’s not foolish to follow Jesus'. We looked at Pilate and Thomas: Pilate not prepared to follow Jesus even though he believed Jesus’ testimony; and Thomas not prepared to follow Jesus until he saw him but then was all in
- No loss of life in the wake of Cyclone Marcus. Thanks for all those tirelessly doing the jobs of repairing and cleaning up Darwin (still going to take weeks if not months)
- A great start to youth group with around 12-14 regulars. The large majority are in Years 7-8 and it’s great to see the older youth taking extra responsibility in the group
- Answer to prayer and a good first term for Matthew, Laura Felicity and Oliver in their different schools
- BCA supporters around the country.
Please pray for:
- God to sustain Bruce in a busy period through April. Bruce will be preaching then heading to Adelaide for a week of visiting and to speak at the BCA SA/NT AGM on 14 April
- Bruce to be able to communicate well about God’s work and the ministries happening in the NT as he visits Adelaide
- Helpful results from Bruce’s MUGA scan in Darwin and PET scan in Adelaide
- The youth going to KYCK youth conference in the Blue Mountains and final organisation of accommodation for the Thursday before the conference
- Felicity going on a CanTeen trip to Kangaroo Island from 14-17 April (CanTeen is the cancer support group for teenagers)
- A series on Deuteronomy at St Peter’s Nightcliff through Term 2 where Bruce is preaching the majority of sermons.