The Bush Church Aid Society of Australia has a heart for people living in remote and regional Australia. We are committed to going the distance to reach Australia for Christ.
Under God, we do this by
- proclaiming Christ so that people may respond to Him;
- nurturing Christians in their faith and ministry;
- strengthening local Christian communities in their mission;
- providing services of Christian care and advocacy;
- developing an understanding of Christ's mission and
- promoting active partnership throughout the church.
Our core commitments are
- relying on prayer for God's help and the Holy Spirit's guidance;
- trusting in the vision, wisdom, authority and encouragement of Scripture;
- working in humility, servanthood and fellowship with the church in mission;
- developing interdependent relationships with Diocesan Bishops;
- providing pastoral care and professional development for staff and
- responsibly managing our resources.
We are Going the Distance by
- bringing the gospel of Christ to the outermost parts of Australia – We are committed to sending messengers so that all Australians, no matter where they live and work, are able to hear the life-changing message of Christ.
- developing a new generation of culturally diverse Christian leaders – We are committed to engaging young people, discipling them in the faith and encouraging them in ministry so they can lead others to Christ.
- supporting ministry by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people – We are committed to working with our first peoples so they can serve Christ in ways that are Biblically faithful and culturally appropriate.
- planting and renewing sustainable churches – We are committed to establishing vibrant and outward-looking gatherings of Christ’s people.
- equipping local leaders for fruitful ministry – We are committed to supporting Christians ‘on the ground’ so they can be salt and light for Christ.
- providing care in Christ’s Name – We are committed to serving hurting people in times of crisis and through ongoing Christ-centred pastoral care.
Since 1919, Bush Church Aid has been committed to this vision. Learn more about our History.
From the National Director
What a privilege it is to share in God’s mission to the world He loves! At BCA, we are committed to going wherever God calls in order to reach Australians for the Lord Jesus Christ. For almost 100 years, it has been our privilege to see lives changed, churches strengthened and communities transformed as His gospel is shared. We’d love you to join the journey with us!
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfector of faith.”
Hebrews 12:1-2 (NIV)